Totesport Welcome Bonus - Terms & Conditions
£25 Free Bet Terms & Conditions
Sign up with Totesport today and place your first sports bet up to £25. If it doesn’t win, we’ll refund your stake with a free bet!
- This promotion is available to new UK (including Northern Ireland) internet and mobile customers only registering after 9am 27/01/2016 (excluding those registering on 08/04/2017)
- Only customers that register and lose on their first bet will qualify for the free bet up to £25.
- Qualifying cash bets must be of £1 or more (or currency equivalent) to qualify for an equivalent free bet value up to £25 if the first bet loses.
- Awarded free bets will be available in customer accounts within 48 hours of qualifying bets being settled.
- Your first bet must be placed on sportsbook markets. (Totepool, Games, Numbers and Lotto do not qualify).
- Free bets will be credited in the currency that your account is held in, up to £25 (or currency equivalent).
- Your bet must be settled within 30 days of account opening in order to qualify for the free bet.
- Customers that register with this promotion will not qualify for any other sports welcome offer.
- Customers who deposit via Skrill, Paysafe, Neteller & PayPal will not qualify for this promotion.
- The free bet will be credited to one customer per household and per IP address only.
- Customers opening a totesport.com account that have previously held an account that was closed do not qualify for the free bet promotion.
- Non-runners and/or bets made void do not qualify as valid bets for your first bet. If your first bet is a non-runner and/or made void, you will not be eligible for a free bet.
- If your qualifying first bet loses and returns £0 your total stake will be refunded as a free bet up to £25.
- The free bet is valid for 7 days after issue. Any free bet amount left unused after 7 days will be removed.
- Free bet stakes are not included in any returns from winning selections and are non-withdrawable.
- This offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Totesport.com remote betting rules apply.
- Totesport.com reserves the right to withhold any bonus payment if it believes that the promotion has been abused and/or where the terms of the offer are not fulfilled, or any irregular betting patterns are found. The decision of the totesport.com management is final.
- Totesport.com reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time, for any reason and without prior notice.
- The above Terms and Conditions are additional to and operate in conjunction with the General Totesport Terms and Conditions.
Totesport used to be a government owned brand! It’s somewhat strange that Totesport aren’t more popular as an online bookie. The brand itself is iconic accross horse racing, to the point that people still refer to the individual betting stands on trackside as Totes. Thousands of people over the weekend will still play the various tote slips across high street bookies and at meetings from the Placepot/Jackpot, exactas, trifectas and so on.
This concept was started by Winston Churchill in 1927 as a work around the illegal betting systems, to provide a pool based betting service that created a cash pot that would also feed back into the system. They later moved to offer legalised fixed odds betting, offering one of the most comprehensive betting services around. It was actually government owned until 2011 when it was purchased by Betfred.
I've been exceptiionally impressed with the Totesport offering from the layout of the website, to the slick mobil experience. The offer is somwhat basic, but in all they make for a great betting brand.
- Very clean and easy to use website
- A good app and mobile experience
- An iconic betting brand
- No overun with casino & slots
- Social channels out of date
- Mediocre welcome offer in comparison
Bonus, Offers & Promo Codes
Join Totesport and you’ll get a no risk (no lose) £25 bet when you join. Its different to the standard deposit bonus in that you get no bonus in theory. You simply place a first bet up to £25 and if it loses they’ll refund the amount you wagered. Its limited to one bet up to a maximum of £25 and is for new customers only. Be wary, the refund is given to you as a free bet. That means if you stake that on another event and it wins, you only recieve the win pot as withdrawable cash – that stake is not returned to you. Terms and conditions will apply to the welcome offer and further separate terms and conditions will apply to the free bet if you trigger it.
Beaten by half a length or less?
Back a horse during a specified race on each day, and should it finish second by half a length or less, Totesport refund the stake as a free bet up to £25.
- Paid in free bets, max £25.
- Win singles & win part of E/W bets only.
- Selection must finish 2nd by a length or less in the selected race(s).
- Full T&C’s Apply.
Extra places races
Totesport offer additional places on a specific races each day. It’s obviously at their discretion and runners need to be over 10, so keep an eye on the website for which race has more than the standard 3 places.
Inplay & Cashout
The system overall looks good, the inplay markets are throughout and you don’t need to dig to deep to find the latest live events. Its an easy section to access being listed in the sites main navigation and is also accessible from sub menus within categories like football or tennis as examples.
The gameplay inplay is the most innovate i’ve seen on the market. Its looks great as well! You can scroll through sliders to see information on the event you are viewing and there are tonnes of markets available for single events. For a football match inplay view you get access to updates on the game, live text commentary and some great match stats.
I can’t see any information on cashout at present.
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the Totesport website and in my opinion it’s actually one of the best there is. The concept is simple with informative links and menu item that reflect relevant sections of the site in an appropriate layout. It looks fantastic with the contrasting bright green colour standing off the charcoal grey making elements within the website easy to see.
Naturally the Totepool services are easy to access and the site isn’t awash with adverts for slots, casino or other gaming distractions. It comes across as a real sportsbook, for sports book enthusiasts.
Mobile & App
My God they’re good… as soon as you view the mobile site for the first time, you are presented with a quick layout tutorial to instantly help you find your way around the important sections, the betslip, menu, home button etc. The layout is once again reminiscent of the website, clean and easy to use.
The app has some great extra features as it responds to the bets that you wager most as it presents you with your most popular markets. Along with all the other standard features it makes for a great mobile app. It can be installed on both Android and Apple iOS devices.
Customer service features look good, plenty of ways to access the help information from an FAQs section, to a range of contact details. Their social media profiles are all somewhat outdated and don’t seem to have regular use which is one of very few downsides to the Totesport offering.