Betfair is currently our recommended betting site.
Betfair £100 Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: GET UP TO £100 IN FREE BETS
- Who can take part?
- New customers only. Available to residents of UK or Republic of Ireland using promo code ZBBC01.
- What do I need to do?
- Place 5 x £10 (or more) single bets on the Sportsbook each at min odds 1/2 (1.5).
- Bets placed on the same selection or market do not qualify for this promotion.
- What can I win?
- After your 5 qualifying bets have been settled, you will receive a £20 free bet.
- The process can be repeated up to 5 times. The max bonus available is £100 (5 x £20 free bets)
- When will I get my prize?
- Free bets will be awarded within 24 hours of you completing the qualifying requirement.
- What else do I need to know?
- You can stake more than £10 but it will only count as one qualifying bet.
- Bets placed and settled within the first 30 days of account opening qualify.
- Excludes ‘same market’ bets placed on the Exchange.
- Cashed Out and Voided bets do not qualify.
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who deposit using Moneybookers or Neteller.
- Only one bet per event qualifies.
- Multiple bets are excluded and any single bets in multiple bets are also excluded (e.g Lucky 15).
- Free bets are valid for 30 days.
- Other essential stuff:
- Betfair Sportsbook promotional terms apply, see here
About 888 Sport
I personally remember 888 from years back as one of the leading poker brands and whilst not venturing towards poker I recognised their success. When they eventually entered the sportsbook arena I was keen to join and try out their platform. The 888 brand today remains one of the major players in the iGaming world having an active presence in Poker, Casino, Bingo as well as sportsbook.
888 presently offer a common ‘boosted odds’ offer with a triple odds available to new players on any bet. We do use 888 as a backup brand. In that its not the obvious or first choice when you think sports betting, so we often look to go to other brands for our betting first. But it remains equally useful and their existing player offers make it an attractive brand to keep and use as your ‘backup’. We keep an eye on the promotions and when they suit our betting patterns we’ll jump on and take a punt.
888 are in fact a great brand and one of the modern day leaders in online gambling. The sportsbook is quickly becoming a recognised name in the business. Whilst not as well known as some of the most popular high street bookies it is fast becoming a top betting brand.
- Absolutely loads of additional deals & specials
- Very well respected gambling company
- Little to no adverts for casino, poker or other distractions
- The market navigation is simple and easy to follow
- Dynamic site can be a bit slow to load
- I’m not a fan of the page layout
- Mobile & App is basic/standard for the industry
- Not an established sportsbook brand (yet)
Bonus, Offers & Promo Codes
The welcome offer is an attractive triple odds promotion – bet on any event and you’ll get triple the odds. The winnings are paid in free bets, so you won’t get instant access to those funds should you win. But play through the standard bonus betting requirements and you’ll soon find its a worth while deal.
The have a range of regular player offers and promotions on Champions League Football, General football and you can watch ALL Irish and UK horse racing when you bet on a race.
Inplay & Cashout
The homepage has an interesting live feed that scrolls single events across the page, its OK for quick info but doesn’t tell the full story of that in-play market. I suppose its there to entice you into quick picks without much thought!
The in-play section is a bit more detailed and gives you a cute little feature that allows you to view the top events in the highlights section (that could be football, tennis etc.) or you can select events to add to your won favourites section if you wish to keep on eye that in-play action. As live scores go you’ll find their a lot faster than some of the news based sites!
The 888 sportsbook website is a little strange in our opinion. They have a tight 3 column layout and have squeezed content into their central section, you have to scroll around to find content it appears a little too compact. I’m also not a fan of the sidebar menu operating is the primary choice for navigating the site. With that said they have packaged all the menu items into very neat and helpful sections and sub sections making it less complicated than most. They’ve also avoided the temptation to cover the site in ugly icons and glaring graphics which is welcome in our eyes.
The quick links section in the top left of the desktop website are very useful. They have compiled the top markets and the top categories and them very easy to access. They clearly understand their customer demographics and have built their website layout around them.
Mobile & App
The website is not responsive which in the modern era is the preferred method of mobile optimisation. 888 have opted for secondary mobile website, this is not a negative by any means. It may however limit whats available to you compared to the desktop experience.
The have a very simple to use app, again its limited compared to the desktop version but I think this is agood thing. The guys at 888 have decided what most important for an app, which is technically a condensed computer and have narrowed down the markets to the most popular for use in the app.
I contacted customer services about an issue with my deposit offer and the team were very helpful. It apppears as though i didn’t enter the promo code correctly on signup and after a bit of salesmanship (wink wink) from myself, they kindly agreed to update my account with the offer amount. I found this very agreeable in an age where lots of business will do there best to avoid a payout no matter how small – well done 888!